Thursday 21 November 2013

College Front Cover

This is my college front cover completed. I feel that my college front cover compared along side my draft has turned out to be a success. This is due to the magazine feel to the front cover via the masthead, barcode, sell lines, etc.
However, if I was to do this again, I would have got rid of the white background on the pictures in the puff so that it gave the front cover a more realistic feel rather than looking rushed. As well as the pictures in the puff, I think the Twitter logo and placement of it was not
placed in the right way. I believe I may have made the twitter logo too large and that I dominates the right hand side of the front cover. If I was to make it again I would have made the logo a bit smaller so it blends in with the cover, rather than stand out. Alternitvely, I think the slogan / motto for the magazine "Let Sixth Form Flow" is not bold enough and gets washed away in the background. If I was to do this again I would have made the slogan much more bold and perhaps added a shadow so it stood out more. Again, the actual picture used I believe is not focused enough on the foreground and creates a lot of background noise due to the lack of focus and the range of colours on display in the background. As a result of this, some of the sell lines are harder to read. That is why I had to add boxes around the text so that it stood out against the photo. If i was to do this again I would have chose a setting with less background noise of used a camera which allows me to focus on the foreground rather than the image as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment