Saturday 5 April 2014

Evaluation - Question 7

'Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?'


Looking back, I feel that by doing the preliminary task I was able to design a more professional looking final product. For example, when making the preliminary task's front cover, I didn't know how to use Photoshop to erase the white background in the Starbucks puff. By learning how to use Photoshop in my final task, I was able to add images to my magazine without the obvious white background. An example of this is in my puff in the final task where I edited out the background of "Charlie's" pull out poster.

Also, by trialing the number over the image theme in my preliminary task I feel that I have most definitely been able to develop and change that idea. By changing the idea of the article number on top of the image in my final task, I feel that I have been able to show the image behind and still give it the attention it deserves in comparison to my preliminary task.

By using InDesign in the preliminary tasks, I feel that I have been able to understand the software better and was able to produce a much cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing final product.

Finally, by producing my preliminary task, I believe that I have been able to develop on my knowledge of magazine conventions, such as media convergence (facebook, twitter and a websiter), mastheads, slogans, sell lines, pull quotes, guttering etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment