Sunday 9 February 2014

Drafts

Front Cover:


Some issues I found with my first draft is that the logo of my magazine overlaps the header text 'exclusive'. Also, I believe that the text in the sell lines is maybe too large and makes the sell lines look busy and not clear the read. Alternatively I feel that the word 'b*****' from the main article quote is partially in appropriate for my target group. I could change this by using another word to make it seem more appropriate for my target audience.
Furthermore, the third and last picture in the sell line has a dull background. This could be changed by photoshopping the background to appear brighter or possibly a different colour to make the magazine feel more 'pop'.


Contents Page:


In my contents page, I feel that I made the 'Inside this issue' area too crowded with small font so it is hard to read. Also the number and text aren't fully aligned to give the whole page a fluid feel.
Alternatively, the issue of the two missing pictures on the main articles section has to be seen to. Furthermore, the text underneath the main articles quotes are not centrally aligned. This leaves the page feeling incomplete.
On the other hand, in the subscribe box, there are many fonts used. To give the page and magazine a house theme I should only used two or three fonts.

Double Page Spread:


In my double page spread I find that I have again used too many fonts. This is evident in the font, quotes, summary etc. Also, I feel that the font used for the website link is too childish and doesn't fit the theme that much.
On the other hand, the page numbering is wrong and makes the page seem silly.


No comments:

Post a Comment